Monday, April 16, 2012

Week 2

For my 30 hours this week I was appart of two seperate classes both diesel and english. I also did work on the weekend on my electrical system in my car for my stereo system. I had blown a fuse charging a component that basically acts as another battery that charges and discharges depending on use called a capacitor cap. I pushed a new fuse in the circuit cause I was certain the system was wired correctly after all I did most the work. How could it possibly be wrong right? It blew one more fuse, I continue to check and double check all my wiring and then insulate it with wire covers. I keep going and get back to the amplifier and the capacitor over and over again and I finally notice one of the grounds is kind of loose and has bare wire so I figure it might of touched a live wire and there is my short to ground. I was wrong I blew my third fuse in 24 hours. Finally I slow my self down check battery cables polarity of the cables black negative red positive all the wires to the capacitor. Capcitor was wired backwards the friend I let help me wired it backwards and I didn't double check it, but with that I checked and the capacitor wasn't blown and I rewired it correctly this time and  charged it correctly and pushed a new fuse in there and it is all perfect. 2nd year student learning curve I suppose, slow down!

No comments:

Post a Comment